Here we go.

30 September 2012

sin sobras

Mum gave us some red snapper that she caught in the Gulf (of Mexico).  To be honest, my experience with cooking fish is limited to fish tacos and fush + chups.  My favorite way to enjoy fish while in Perdido Key is grilled and blackened.  With fingers crossed, I decided to try something new and make a Cajun rub and pan fry the snapper in duck fat.  The end result looked very pro and was absolutely delicious.  I love it when I nail a dish on the first go.

Simply coat the fish in the rub:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Pan fry in smoking hot duck fat.  Do not overcook it!  It is ready when it flakes with a fork:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Bon:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

I recently got a new app on my phone that allows me to take panoramic photographs.  It's so neat!  Here is one of my office (with idiot roommate; also, please note jar of mustard by computer monitor) and one of the courtroom.  Swivel chairs make it easier:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Earlier in the week, ATM & I met our friend Henry for lunch.  We had a lot of time to kill, so we went to Mount Holly Cemetery.  It's truly a nice place to go for lunch time disappearing.  Also, with the changing seasons, it's hard to say what's causing that shiver up your spine:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

No comments:

Blog Archive